|Holidays Shabbat Chabad-houses Chassidism Subscribe Calendar Links|
|The Weekly Publication for Every Jewish Person|
Hayom-Yom for 10, Av
|Hayom Yom was written by the Lubavitcher Rebbe in 5703 (1942-43).|
In this box we have listed the Torah Lessons for this year.
The Torah Lessons below in the text are as they were in the original edition.
Wednesday Menachem Av 10 5703 Torah Lessons
Chumash: Va'etchanan, Revi'i with Rashi.
Tanya: Upon his arrival (p. 395)...the face..." (p. 397).
From what my grandfather related:
- Originally the epistle Katonti ended with the words "restrained spirit etc." Later, our Great Rabbi (the Alter Rebbe) delivered the Maamar "As water reflects the face etc." three times in Lyozna, following the interpretation of Rashi and not of Targum.
After that he made an addition to the epistle Katonti as follows: "And maybe, through all that, G-d will give it into the heart of their brethren that `as water (reflects) the face' etc." With this he implanted fine character traits in the Chassidim.
- Had the Rebbe not inserted the three words B'midat Emet LeYaakov ("according to the attribute of Truth unto Yaakov"), he would have attracted fifty thousand more Chassidim. But the Rebbe demands the trait of truth.
- (Back to text) "I have become small..."; second letter in Igeret Hakodesh, written by the Alter Rebbe on his return from his arrest in Petersburg (in 5559).
- (Back to text) Mishlei 27:19. As water reflects the face so one's heart reflects the feelings of the other's heart.
- (Back to text) Ibid. As waters differ so do men's hearts.
- (Back to text) Following the exhortation to the Chassidim that "they are to subdue their spirit and heart before everyone."
| About |